Parallels the gift of Ruler
Judges 9:1-18 –THE most difficult of the curses to deal with.
1. And Abimelech the son of Jerubbaal went to Shechem unto his mother's brethren, and communed with them, and with all the family of the house of his mother's father, saying,
2. Speak, I pray you, in the ears of all the men of Shechem, Whether is better for you, either that all the sons of Jerubbaal, which are threescore and ten persons, reign over you, or that one reign over you? remember also that I am your bone and your flesh.
3. And his mother's brethren spake of him in the ears of all the men of Shechem all these words: and their hearts inclined to follow Abimelech; for they said, He is our brother.
4. And they gave him threescore and ten pieces of silver out of the house of Baalberith, wherewith Abimelech hired vain and light persons, which followed him.
5. And he went unto his father's house at Ophrah, and slew his brethren the sons of Jerubbaal, being threescore and ten persons, upon one stone: notwithstanding yet Jotham the youngest son of Jerubbaal was left; for he hid himself.
6. And all the men of Shechem gathered together, and all the house of Millo, and went, and made Abimelech king, by the plain of the pillar that was in Shechem.
7. And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount Gerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them, Hearken unto me, ye men of Shechem, that God may hearken unto you.
8. The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
9. But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
10. And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
11. But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
12. Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
13. And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
14. Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
15. And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.
16. Now therefore, if ye have done truly and sincerely, in that ye have made Abimelech king, and if ye have dealt well with Jerubbaal and his house, and have done unto him according to the deserving of his hands;
17. (For my father fought for you, and adventured his life far, and delivered you out of the hand of Midian:
18. And ye are risen up against my father's house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;)
- There is division from within.
- Business partnerships dissolve from within from betrayal.
- Business’ who have partners or key people leave and the key people take key information or key customers with them and it is enough to cripple the company.
- Churches- continually have splits. The split is lead by a member of the leadership.
- Families – continual division in the family with every generation.
It is always a betrayal from within.
This curse arises out of covenant. – It is always in the midst of covenant that the betrayal comes and is evidence of this curse. It is the act of evoking covenant penalties upon an individual.
“I am legitimate when I have institutional power to build with.”
“I am legitimate when there are lots of people and programs under my covering and my control.”
Causes of Curse:
· Spirit of sedition and lawlessness
Sedition: stirring up of discontent, resistance and rebellion against the government in power.
· Entitlement mindset: will invite this in.
Christ came in the opposite Spirit because he maintained covenant no matter what His disciples did. Etc.
Christ’s 6th statement of the cross:
“It is finished!”
He finished the work that God sent Him to do no matter what.
He was not distracted from His job.
People who have authority over this curse:
1. The covenant keepers
2. Those who don’t have an entitlement spirit
3. Those who know God may or may not give them fruit in their day
4. Those who know God has the right to establish them where He wants and they have a responsibility to be faithful.
5. Those who establish a covenant based institution, a life giving institution.
The fruit that comes when this curse is broken:
A person is able to have social structures that are synergistic in releasing life to the cultures and communities around them.
After we reveal each of the seven curses we will give you prayers of renunciation and other ways to break the power of this curse off of you and your family line. If you have any questions or need prayer in this area please email us at: Prayer@AbundantLRCnet
As always if you want to start walking in victory over the enemy and have not made Yeshua (Jesus) the Lord of your life take the time to do it now. None of us are guaranteed another tomorrow but we can make the choice to live for Yeshua today. If the Holy Spirit has been tugging at you please submit to His drawing and enter into salvation now. Click Here
The next Curse #7 will be posted promptly so please come back and visit us soon. May God’s blessing be upon you.
Notes taken from Arthur Burk’s Seven Curses for the complete teaching series please visit www.plumblineministries.com